Valuation Strategy during Covid-19 Pandemic
Our Firm has put in place the following strategies to ensure the health and safety of our staff and members of the general public which we may come into contact with during inspections. Our procedures are categorised by the type of inspection.
After receiving a new-build instruction and going through the previously outlined investigations etc, we will contact the foreman of the site and ask what stage the property is at. If the property is complete we will ask for the property to be left open so we can inspect. If the property is incomplete we will ask for permission from the foreman to visit the site, ensuring as always that our site inspection will be following our own guidelines and the guidelines laid out by the site foreman.
We will arrange to collect a key from the selling agent, carry out our usual inspection following our new guidance concerning PPE etc.
- At the time of booking our staff will ask if anyone at the property is self-isolating, or has any symptoms associated with Coronavirus or has been asked to shield.
- If anyone is isolating or shielding our survey will be postponed to a later date and the bank informed.
- Booking staff will also enquire if there is anyone over 70 or in a high risk group. In these cases we will ask permission that this person can be absent from the property at the time of inspection.
- Our booking staff will explain the steps and precautions which the surveyor will be undertaking during the survey.
- Our booking staff will request that the property can be vacated and a key left somewhere. We would also ask that all internal doors are left open as well as the attic hatches and garage/outbuilding doors if applicable.
- If the property cannot be vacated we will request that the person in attendance restricts themselves to a single room or garden during our inspection and will maintain a distance of 2 meters at all times.
In this instance to enable our surveyors to carry out a Homebuyers Report the property will have to be vacant with doors, attic hatch etc all left open. We do not deem it feasible at present to carry out a Homebuyers Report in an occupied property.
- Our office is not open to the general public so there is no issue with social distancing.
- Staff are already encouraged to wash hand frequently and this will continue. Hand sanitiser and paper towels will be available on entering premises.
- Any mail or deliveries delivered to the office will be sprayed down with disinfectant spray and the external front door handle will be cleaned inside and outside during the day.
- Only 1 staff member will be permitted in the kitchen at any one time with surfaces cleaned down when they are finished and the room left ready for the next person.
- Staff will continue to self-monitor themselves for symptoms and will take appropriate action if needed by following Public Health Advice.
- No face-to-face meetings will be carried out and any face-to-face meetings will be conducted over a web based meeting e.g. Zoom.
- Our staff are self monitoring daily for any signs or symptoms of coronavirus and will isolate immediately if they have any concerns. If a surveyor is unwell his jobs will be allocated to another surveyor.
- Valuations reports will be signed off remotely from each surveyors home.
- All surveyors will be provided with hand sanitiser, latex gloves, shoe covers, and masks.
- Surveyors will wear masks, shoe covers and latex gloves during the inspection and if the property is occupied will ask to wash their hands before leaving the property and will dispose of their gloves in a plastic bag in their car which will be disposed off in the appropriate way.
- At any time if a surveyor feels ill at ease and considers a potential risk within the property the survey will be postponed and the bank will be informed.